Production Knuckle Joints for every position within the tool string
Knuckle joints are available in various diameters. The Production Knuckle Joint has a universal ball joint with a limited degree of movement, which allows a maximum of 10 degrees deflection in any direction. The joint has an electrical connection through a pressure proof stainless steel coil with metal-to-metal seals. This allows the tool to be used at any position within the tool string.
Used individually, the knuckle joint reduces the rigid length of a tool string to facilitate deployment through twisted or buckled pipe, or to negotiate severe dog legs. Used as a pair, the knuckle joints decentralise the CCL for improved collar logs, particularly in larger pipe. In deviated or horizontal wells, knuckle joints provide de-coupling from the section of tool string that is centralized.
Knuckle Joints from BHGE offer many features, including:
- Used in situations where flexible tool strings are required
- Offsets the CCL for improved collar logs
- Minimizes the centralized weight in highly deviated or horizontal wells
- Normally used in conjunction with Production Roller Centralisers
- Simultaneous use with other PL tools