The SeaPrime™ I Subsea MUX Control System is an industry-leading BOP control system, designed to increase reliability, simplify maintenance and prevent costly stack pulls. Featuring BHGE’s patent-pending, fault-tolerant design, it’s the first subsea BOP control system to include a re-routable smart redundancy feature that allows drilling to continue if components of one POD fail.
By simplifying access to critical components, utilizing only two pods, and re-routing hydraulic functions within a POD, SeaPrime I delivers 3x more availability than existing systems.
SeaPrime I Subsea MUX Control System offers many advantages including:
- Reduces potential leak points by 40% by eliminating 100% of pilot tubing
- Isolates and re-routes hydraulics within a POD enabling the system to remain fully operational in the event of a failure
- Recovers drilling function redundancy using ROV-operated hydraulic by-passes and flying leads while staying subsea
- Separates ground faults within each instrumental bus
- Enables BOP stack flexibility for up to 8-cavity configurations
The SeaONYX™ system uses BHGE’s Mark™ VIe control components, proven in thousands of installations including power generation, nuclear and wind control systems. The Mark VIe platform addresses obsolescence management by using a standard footprint for the I/O packs and the controller. System controllers and I/O modules can be individually replaced online without disturbing the rest of the system — avoiding costly downtime.
By simplifying access to critical components, utilizing only two pods, and re-routing hydraulic functions within a POD, the SeaPrime I delivers three times more availability than existing systems. It also extends uptime and reduces the risk of POD fail-related stack pulls.
The SeaONYX addresses the challenges of system obsolescence management, rig personnel safety, module flexibility, and maintenance/capital costs with versatile networks, robust sensors, flexible module, and compact processors.
Advantages of the SeaONYX Surface Control System:
- Manages nuclear ad hydroelectric facilities
- Evenly distributed I/O modules for flexible service
- Versatile network equipped with 100 percent Ethernet at all levels
- Controller and I/O modules rated -30°C to 65°C with no fans, each with an on-board temperature sensor for robust durability
- Configured to provide enhanced cybersecurity