Integrity, Compliance, Quality & Human Rights
Ensuring Integrity, Compliance and Quality
At BHGE, doing the right thing always comes first. Ensuring quality, integrity and compliance are among our non-negotiables.
We set high expectations, such as those set forth in our code of conduct detailed on our Integrity Policy Statement, and more fully in The Spirit and the Letter, which demonstrates the ongoing duty of our directors, officers, employees and business partners to conduct business legally and ethically. Policies and training courses cover:
International trade compliance
Working with governments
Fair employee practices
Health, safety & environment
Securing operations globally
Cyber security & privacy
Conflicts of interest
Insider trading & stock tipping
Our global ethics and compliance program is designed to prevent, detect and respond to any potential violations. In 2018, we unveiled our I AM Completely Compliant program and provided resources to all employees across the organization. We believe this commitment to compliance across the entire organization is fundamental to running a sound, successful and sustainable business.
BHGE’s global compliance program consists of the following key elements:
- Global structure of compliance counsels and professionals providing compliance advice, customized training, investigations, and governance, across all regions and countries where BHGE does business.
- Comprehensive employee training program with on-going in-person and computer-based training sessions that are designed to be engaging, challenging, and tailored to the key risks that employees face on an ongoing basis.
- Regular compliance risk assessments focused on country and third party risks, with the results used to allocate resources and identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the compliance program.
- Compliance Review Board that meets quarterly for senior officers of the company, as well as Product Company and regional compliance committees.
- Open reporting environment where employees are encouraged to report any ethics or compliance matters without fear of retaliation, including a global network of over 110 trained employee ombudspersons, a dedicated website where employees can raise concerns online, and a worldwide, 24-hour business helpline operated by a third party and available in 150 languages.
As a trusted leader in the industry, we are committed to creating and delivering the best quality products, services, processes and technology in the industry, as detailed in our Quality Policy Statement. In 2018, we implemented one Enterprise Quality Management System to standardize, track and manage the “cost of quality” to reduce waste and improve profitability.
We also work to ensure that everything we create is compliant with customer, statutory, regulatory, internal and industry requirements. We aim to not just meet but to exceed these requisites by continually reviewing our processes to evaluate ways in which we can further improve on quality, safety and performance.
In 2018, we hosted World Quality Day, a series of events across the global dedicated to highlighting quality as a core non-negotiable and showing how all employees play a role in building and sustaining our reputation.
Safeguarding Human Rights
At BHGE, we respect the dignity, worth and inalienable rights of all people, without discrimination, as articulated in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organization Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work. Our commitment to conduct business with the highest level of integrity and respect the rights of our workforce is articulated in our Human Rights Policy Statement and includes compliance with international labor and workplace laws and regulations governing our operations worldwide. We expect the same of our business partners.