Health, Safety and Environment
HSE Policy Statement
Learn more about our Health, Safety, and Environment Policy Statement.
Doing the Right Thing Always
Discover our innovation, passion and dedication to HSE excellence in the 2017 BHGE Health, Safety, Environmental and Social Responsibility Report.
We’re passionate about trying new things and revolutionizing our industry. And we’re committed to doing so safely, in a way that takes care of our people, our customers, the communities in which we operate and the environment.
Through our commitment to a culture of health, we strive to create an environment that encourages all employees to be leaders in their own health while at work, at home and in the community. Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) are built into everything we do, from how we promote and encourage the importance of well-being to how we design our products and plan and execute for our customers.
Perfect HSE Day
Our goal is to make every day a Perfect HSE Day with no injuries, accidents, illnesses or harm to the environment. Every employee is empowered to drive—to own—superior performance. We cultivate an interdependent safety culture where employees watch out for the safety of everyone around them. We believe that a destination of 365 Perfect HSE Days is possible—and we work every day to make it a reality.
Everyone does their part by committing to:
- HSE, part of our DNA: HSE is who we are. We integrate HSE in business decisions,our management system and everything we do. Through our culture of HSE we protect our people, customers, and the environment.
- High standards: All employees comply with HSE standards and procedures, policies, laws, regulations and requirements. We are all accountable to maintaining the same high standards.
- Collaboration: We work together with our colleagues, suppliers and customers to improve the HSE outcomes of our company and the industry by communicating openly to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Sustainability and efficiency: We continuously improve our sustainable and efficient use of resources. We are proud of the way we invent, develop, and deploy technologies that are more environmentally friendly than ever before.
- Immediate action: We identify and stop any unsafe acts before they happen. Everyone is responsible and empowered to observe, intervene, and report unsafe conditions and behaviors immediately.
Looking for What Lies Beneath? Find information about BHGE’s industry-leading facilitated learning program here.