SBT Seal service verified cement bond in well abandonment operation
A gas producer in the North Sea needed to isolate two permeable zones to complete a safe plug and abandonment operation. It was critical to verify the well’s cement and casing integrity to meet all technical and regulatory abandonment requirements.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE), deployed a tool string with the Segmented Bond Tool™ (SBT™) well integrity evaluation service and a variable density log (VDL) to acquire the necessary evaluation data. The data was then processed by the SBT Seal advanced cement bond analysis service to quantify the cement bond in the two permeable zones.
Download the PDF to read the full case study.
- Isolate two permeable zones in a well abandonment operation
- Quantified and verified zonal isolation
- Provided continuous cement seal intervals
- Identified cumulative seal length across zones of interest
- Enabled quick review of results with collective summary