FASTrak LWD service collects fluid samples in an extremely tight formation
The FASTrak™ LWD fluid analysis sampling and testing service continues to provide customers with answers about their reservoir. The service determined the presence of moveable fluids in a reservoir for a horizontal development well in Norway.
Initial pressure tests detected very low mobility measurements ranging between 0.3 mD/cP to 3.4 mD/cP. The challenge with a sampling and testing operation in these conditions is that the pump-out rate during clean up can be extremely low, taking many hours. This can lead to stress on downhole pumps and increase the risk of differential sticking.
Download the PDF to read the full case study.
- Horizontal development well located offshore Norway
- Initial pressure tests measured mobility at 0.3 mD/cP to 3.4 mD/cP
- Increased the risk of differential sticking due to low mobility pump-out rates during cleanup and sampling
- High risk of differential sticking for wireline sampling tools
- Verified the presence of moveable fluids in a horizontal well
- Obtained samples and pressures in an environment unfeasible with wireline tools
- Increased reliability during extended pump-out cycles